Results tagged ‘ Vintage Cheese ’
The Fresno Grizzlies held their first Farm Grown Friday on April 5th, and Chukchansi Park was buzzing with all things farming.
Several vendors were stationed along the concourse as part of the Farmer’s Market. Vendors and what they sold included:
- Vintage Cheese – cheese
- Wild West Eggs – free range chicken and duck eggs
- Blossom Bluff Orchards – organic drive stone fruit and persimmons, fresh peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots, pluots, apriums
- Bill Ferry Ranches – fresh orange juice
- Pepichile – fruit and vegetable seasoning
- Adams Olives – bottled olives, olive oil
- Simonian Farming Company – pomegranate jelly
- Friar’s Choice – honey
The Grizzlies Community Fund was also selling broccoli to raise money for its many community programs. Stamoules Produce Company, a Farm Grown founding partner, donated the broccoli.
In addition to the Farmer’s Market, the Grizzlies on the field took part in the “farming” theme by representing their parent club to the entire farm system: the San Francisco Giants.
Over the last two years, the Giants wore special orange jerseys for each Friday home game. The Grizzlies have now taken on such a tradition by wearing new orange alternate jerseys themselves. These are the first new jerseys worn by the Grizzlies since the team did a complete logo overhaul in 2008. The jersey will be worn by the Grizzlies at each Friday home game in honor of Farm Grown Fridays.
During the next – and all future – Farm Grown Friday, Farm Forums will be held in The CRU Club. George Radanovich, former U.S. Representative from the Central Valley, will be the guest speaker for the first Farm Forum.
The Grizzlies look forward to the next Farm Grown Friday on May 3rd!